Wednesday, February 25, 2015

LiketoKnowIt app

The other day I was informed that my roommates older brother was the creator of the app Liketoknowit. I had never heard of the app before because it is in the fashion industry. That is not my area of expertise in any way. The more I read about the app the more genius I thought it was. I also found out that it was recently mentioned in a post by the Wall Street Journal. I think that is a mark of a successful business. This app is based off of the social media app Instagram. When I brought up this app in class, multiple girls immediately started talking about how great the app is.

Liketoknowit is an app where you can look at the products that girls are wearing on instagram pictures. If you like a picture and use the #liketoknowit or send like it, the app will then send you an email about the products in the pictures. It is all about convenience. It is an easy way for girls to shop for products on social media. If you see a picture of something you like, while using this app, you can find out the necessary information to purchase those clothing items online within minutes. Once you like or comment on the specific Instagram post, you get an email instantly from Liketoknowit.

I think this is a genius app. It makes shopping easy for girls. There are a ton of products and it makes finding those products easy. I can see this app taking off. I think it could be big in this fashion industry. I have heard that the majority of the apps consumers consists of fashion bloggers and females. I was interested in the app when I heard about it, and while I don't think that I will use it, I see how it will be very successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment