While this is not a recent thing, it is something that I just found out about. I was recently in a cab in Savannah where the driver was expressing her concern to me about Uber coming to town. I have used Uber a few times and it has always been a good experience. It is usually cheaper than a cab, and much more comfortable. With this partnership, I think that Uber is once again taking a big leap in front of the average taxicab business.
Not only is the transportation industry changing, but the way people listen to music is changing as well. Itunes used to dominate the market, but now Spotify is a major player in the market. People select their songs and put them in playlists. They pay a monthly fee if they want add free streaming, and if not they hear an advertisement every couple of songs. That is much easier than paying for every song like the case is for Itunes. That is why Spotify has been so popular.
One of the things that I enjoy most about my car rides is the ability to control the type of music I listen to. In a cab or taxi that is not an option. This partnership adds the luxury of a more comfortable car, along with the ability to select your own music. That combination could spell trouble for the taxicabs. In this new partnerships launch they opened in 10 cities across the globe. By today's date I am sure that they have put this as a possibility in many more cities. I think that it is the innovation and creative thinking that is keeping both Uber and Spotify at the front of their respective industries. I will be monitoring this deal and am interested to see how it progresses and if this partnership will lead to a significant increase in each companies revenue streams.
No comments:
Post a Comment